The Adventures of Java Jane, Captain Fun, Crazy Bear, and Stephen as we navigate through this adventure commonly referred to as "life."
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Axl The Pioneer Dog
I'm in love with my dog husband, Axl Rose Gelbaugh. We call him a pioneer dog because he has a beard. How many dogs need to shave? His beard is truly a sign from the heavens that he is special. My dog is infatuated with me. Everyone needs a dog who is infatuated with her or him. However, infatuation does have its drawbacks (see Single White Female). For one, if I'm on our property and I'm not paying attention to His Highness, Axl goes nuts with the barking. The walls literally shake. This can be a problem when you live in an urban jungle instead of an actual jungle. So, I bought a remote control shock collar. Extreme, but the force is strong in Pioneer Dog. So, two days ago I heard the naughty barking and I reluctantly hit THE BUTTON. barking didn't stop so I upped the volts and did it again. Barking continued. I looked outside. It was the other dog barking. I had been zapping Axl for his sister's sins. Seriously Folks, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the collar thing works sometimes, so do not give up on it just yet. But in all fairness, the naughty sister dog should have a shock collar as well.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun looking over your blog and reading some of the ramblings of your brain. smile.
Hope you are doing great my lovely daughter.
God Bless...and yes, we ALL need Jesus.
D A V I D!!!!!!!
DeleteI miss you and have enjoyed seeing your pictures on FB :) Yes, naughty Latte needs a shock collar too. I actually think she ENJOYS seeing Acl get into trouble. Reminds me alot of my sister and me when we were little. Yes, we all need Jesus. Especially me when the walls are vibrating due to Axl's sound barrier crashing whine.
Much Love,
T
I love your dog. He needs to come for a dog party with the terrierists at my house. :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, couldn't bring myself to try the shock collar. SO... we have a soda can with some pennies in it. Makes a horrid racket. We say "enough" once when the barking gets intolerable. If it continues, we shake the can. It only took a short while. Now, if we say "enough" that's all it takes--haven't had to shake the can in months. Every now and then I pick it up, and that's enough.
ReplyDeleteI have heard that the soda can thing REALLY works. I am going to put one together like RIGHT NOW. I like that better than the shock thing. We were just totally desperate. Axl would love to come for a play date. But I better warn you, if he were in a class, he would be in the Behavior Management Class. Today he ate a 30 dollar leash. You are probably thinking, "Why would Tracy buy a thirty dollar leash?" Axl, The Wonder Dog, pulls so hard I had to buy a special leash with a special hangle so I'm not injured.
ReplyDelete